- This skills-session has passed.
Weekly Junior MTB Skills Program – Brisbane Term 4 – Thursdays at Gap Creek
October 12 @ 4:15 pm – November 30 @ 5:45 pm AEST
Genuinely improving bike handling skills
Our weekly school term programs focus on teaching young riders how to ride properly – safely and smoothly with full control – while having fun and making friends. Building skills, confidence and enjoyment on the trails are top priorities.
Our junior MTB skills programs are designed to get riders progressing through a series of key skills and trail types. This is more than just babysitting on bikes. All of our head coaches are mature adults, experienced with children, fully qualified and highly experienced rider-coaches, with first aid training and Blue Cards. We use refined and proven methods to teach safe and effective bike handling, so children can simply enjoy their riding.
Please note registration closes either when spots sell out or on the Sunday before the first session.
Once you’ve signed up we’ll email you further details on exactly what we’ll cover in each session of the program. As well as meeting locations, what to take along, what to expect, and more.
Other junior MTB program details:
- Dates/times: This is an 8 week program (dates/times specified above), starting in week 2 of the school term. The final week of term will be used if we postpone a session due to bad weather.
- Age range: 7-16 years (exceptions made based on experience and bike set up).
- Minimum requirements: Riders must some previous off-road experience and be on a mountain bike with knobbly tyres, gears and hand operated brakes front and rear.
- Group sizes: Groups will be small – 5 to 10 riders per 1 to 2 coaches. We’ll split up into ages and proficiency levels.
- Focus: Building a skills foundation and continuing on any previous skill development, getting more advanced each week. This is for juniors who already have experience riding off-road and safely riding over trail features.