- This event has passed.
Weekly Junior MTB Skills Program – Canberra Term 1 – Tuesdays at Stromlo
February 1 @ 4:15 pm - April 5 @ 5:45 pm$440.00
Genuinely improving kids’ bike handling
Our weekly term-long program will focus on teaching kids how to ride properly – safely and smoothly with full control – while having fun and making friends. Building skills, confidence and enjoyment on the trails will be top priorities.
Our kids MTB skills programs are designed to get riders progressing through a series of key skills and trail types. This is more than just babysitting on bikes. All of our head coaches are parents and all of our staff are qualified and highly experienced rider-coaches, with first aid training and WWCVP cards. We use refined and proven methods to teach safe and effective bike handling, so children can simply enjoy their riding regardless of ability and their specific riding discipline.
Once you’ve signed up we’ll email you further details on exactly what we’ll cover in each session of the program. As well as meeting locations, what to take along, what to expect, and more.
Junior MTB program details:
- Dates: During school term 1 2022 – Feb 1st to Apr 5th (9 x 90min sessions).
- Days/Times: Tuesdays 4:15pm to 5:45pm.
- Location: Stromlo Forest Park (meeting at the main pavilion shelter, but some later sessions TBA will start at the peak and end at the pavilion).
- Age range: 7-16 years (exceptions made based on experience and bike set up).
- Cost: $440 per rider.
- Group sizes: Groups will be small – 5 to 10 riders per 1 to 2 coaches. We’ll split up into ages and proficiency levels.
- Focus: Building a skills foundation and continuing on any previous skill development, getting more advanced each week. This is for juniors who already have experience riding off-road and safely riding over trail features.
What if COVID-19 restrictions are put in place?
If restrictions are put in place, like lock-down, that prevent us from running sessions or prevent riders from participating, we’ll offer alternative sessions for riders to move to. Or, if preferred, issue full refunds (including card fees) for any sessions missed.